Sunday, February 5, 2012

Realizations.

I’ve had a couple of realizations these past few months, along with lessons learned from random events. Here are a few:

Your day will go the way the corners of your mouth turn. This is SO true. My day goes exponentially better if I just choose to smile when I’m faced with difficulty, instead of moaning about it.

You can find joy in the most unexpected of places. Instead of getting caught up in the monotony, it’s good to just take a step back and look around with fresh eyes and see the beauty in everything. You might see something you would’ve otherwise missed, and it might influence you in more ways than one.

Volleyball teaches life lessons. This past weekend, BYU was beat by Stanford in 2 different matches. Stanford played really well, and so did BYU. But it just wasn’t good enough. And that’s ok. In life you can’t win all the time, but you can be sure that there are those in your life who are cheering you on, and who are playing right alongside you; and you can learn together.

You can’t do things alone. Sometimes I like to think I’m invincible, but that is FAR from the truth. I’m so blessed to have wonderful girls in my life as roommates, who inspire me to be better, let me be myself, and are just all around amazing people who I am glad to call friends! It makes it easier to live independently when you have great people around you for support.


There’s nothing like a new scarf, or a random compliment to make a girl feel awesome. Need I say more?

Last one - My family is great. It's true. If you know them, you can attest. If you don't, then why don't you?!? hahaha. Also, my siblings are stinkin attractive. Just sayin.





Those are just a few realizations I've come to appreciate during the past little while.
Goal for February: 10 blog posts. (Now I'm accountable...)

Have an exceptional day!
- Meg


No comments:

Post a Comment